I was referring to the link https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/application-notes/75731446AN264.pdf and https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/AD2S1200.pdf to understand and interpret dynamic characteristics of RDC. My questions are
1. Can we simulate the transfer function specified in AD2S1200 datasheet and infer characteristics such as tracking rate, BW, Ka?
2. How is tracking rate related to bandwidth? Can we have higher tracking rate for lower bandwidth?
3. If input shaft is rotating at constant velocity of 500 rps, should we have bandwidth of 500 Hz? I have confusion? are there any analytical methods to arrive at proper figures
4. Suppose 10kHz ref frequency is chosen, will tracking rate change?
5. Although Type 2 will have zero velocity lag, it will experience lag for certain period before catching up. How to estimate this period. Is it same as settling time?
[edited by: @skowalik at 1:54 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Feb 2020]