ADAR7251 Problems

Hello!

In ADAR7251  datasheet, I find in register  from 0x280 to 0x291,there are all sigals that  relate to  PIN DRIVE STRENGTH AND SLEW RATE REGISTER. How can I deal these registers?

I have seen  in some post before relative to these registers. Some of these set about  SLEW RATE are  Highest, and some of these are  Lowest.

Best regards

YYZ

•  Analog Employees 
    on Aug 1, 2019 3:21 PM over 1 year ago

Hello,

These registers set the drive strength for the respective pins. The drive strength would have to be adjusted in application based on the PCB trace impedance and load. The lower drive strength will make the rise/fall time of the signal slower and the highest will make it faster. These bits are provided for the customer to adjust the drive strength based on the SI for signal. You may want to connect the good High Bandwidth scope and probe to the signal on the board and see if the signal rise and fall times are clean and watch out for reflections. Some scopes do offer the SI (signal integrity) analysis option. These bits will help you set the right drive strength to suit the actual loading in your PCB. 

Regards

Rajeev