Output sawtooth wave to AD9144

This is a question about the operation of the AD9144.
My customers are evaluating the AD9144.
My customer is trying to output sawtooth waves from AD9144.
T = 200 nS, + 100 count → -100 count
The customer inputs the code and evaluates the output waveform.
Strangely, the output slope bounces small around 0 count.
Customers suspect this as miscounts.
Is this due to the nature of T-DAC?
Do you have any views?
Please advise me.

Is this phenomenon called MIDSCALE GLITCH?
Where should I check to isolate it from mistakes in circuit design?

Best regards

Parents
  • Hi Mochi,

A circuit design issue wouldn't be my first guess, as the AD9144 had been on the market for a few years now.

Can you post a plot of the output?

Was the sawtooth waveform vector generated in DPG Downloader?

I am not entirely clear on what you mean by sawtooth wave "count". Are you referring to the sample values, in time domain?

Do you see the glitch at the midscale of the DACs full scale range if you add a small DC offset? Or does it stay with the vector's midscale?

If you are playing a vector, you need to make sure it wraps around properly. Or make it longer with multiple cycles and use a trigger on start. Making it longer could help in either case.

Best Regards,

Arik

• Hi Mochi,

A circuit design issue wouldn't be my first guess, as the AD9144 had been on the market for a few years now.

Can you post a plot of the output?

Was the sawtooth waveform vector generated in DPG Downloader?

I am not entirely clear on what you mean by sawtooth wave "count". Are you referring to the sample values, in time domain?

Do you see the glitch at the midscale of the DACs full scale range if you add a small DC offset? Or does it stay with the vector's midscale?

If you are playing a vector, you need to make sure it wraps around properly. Or make it longer with multiple cycles and use a trigger on start. Making it longer could help in either case.

Best Regards,

Arik

Children
No Data