I am capturing data from an AD9695-1300EBZ onto an ADS8-V1 data capture board. I am running the ADC in full-bandwidth mode.
I am using HP ESG-4000A signal generator to generate:
1. An analog input signal of 500MHz and amplitude of 10dBm
2. A reference clock of 325MHz and amplitude of 10dBm, fed into the ADS8-V1
3. A sampling clock of 1.3GHz and amplitude of 10dBm.
The results of my FFT are:
Noise/Hz: -145 dBFS/Hz
SNR: 51.096 dB
SNR FS: 57.274 dB
SFDR: 41.25 dB
THD: -45.63 dBFS
SINAD: 39.166 dB
My questions are:
1. According to the datasheet, I should be getting a SINAD of around 67.5 dB or 10.5 bits of ENOB. Is the downgrade in performance due to my clock sources?
2. I notice the application note AN-835 talks about using the AD9516-0, but that was for the HSC-ADC-EVALC setup. Were the AD9695 performance tests in the datasheet performed similarly? What was the exact clocking setup for the AD9695 to get the performance seen in the datasheet?