I met AD7124 IC two years ago.
I knew great works well. I made 10 boards on same circuit as bellow.
when I turn on the board and check a coldjunction temperature(RT1), the 5 borads temperature is different.
the 5 boards are about 24 degree and the other boards are 30 degree. the part is used same.
what do i do wrong?
my code is like this:
1) reset data send ( 0xff, 0xff, 0xff, 0xff, 0xff, 0xff, 0xff, 0xff)
2) channel-0 setting ( 0x09, 0x10, 0xA6) // AINP=AIN5, AINM= AIN6
3) config-0 setting ( 0x19, 0x01, 0xEF) // unipolar, ref_bufp
4) filter-0 setting ( 0x21, 0xE6, 0x07, 0xFF)
5) IOUT setting (0x03, 0x00, 0x12, 0x0B)
6) when i read, (0x01, 0x01, 0x84); // ADC controll setting
(0x42, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00) // read
i send number 6) messages on period.
please, check my setting codes and help me.
thanks for reading.
You should have a look at our CN0391 thermocouple reference design which uses the AD7124. (http://www.analog.com/en/design-center/reference-designs/hardware-reference-design/circuits-from-the-lab/CN0391 )
There is also some source code available on our ADI Github repository that you can take a look at and check your software settings with. (EVAL-ADICUP360/projects/ADuCM360_demo_cn0391 at master · analogdevicesinc/EVAL-ADICUP360 · GitHub )
Hope you find this helpful.