ADuCM350 SDK not working on IAR 8.2

Hi, 

I've been trying to make the ADuCM350 and the debugger work with the latest IAR IDE. However, I've been unsuccessful in this task.

I did a clean installation: uninstalled my previous IAR IDE, uninstalled the J-link drivers, uninstalled the drivers that come with the ADuCM350 SDK. I installed the new IAR version following the steps found in the SDK FAQ. 

The problem seems to be the flashing when downloading for debugging I get the error Can not read register 15 (r15) while cpu is running. Then I have to mass erase it as it seems to program the board in a faulty way.

Going back to a previous version of IAR everything works just fine

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

  • This is the debug log that I get

    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:34: JLINK command: ProjectFile = C:\IAR projects\Blinky-Dev\settings\Blinky_test_Debug.jlink, return = 0
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:34: Device "ADUCM350" selected.
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:34: DLL version: V6.32h, compiled Jul 5 2018 18:11:19
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:34: Firmware: J-Link Lite-ADI Rev.1 compiled Jan 7 2013 17:58:04
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:34: Selecting SWD as current target interface.
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:34: JTAG speed is fixed to: 12000 kHz
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:34: Found SW-DP with ID 0x2BA01477
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:34: Scanning AP map to find all available APs
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:34: AP[1]: Stopped AP scan as end of AP map has been reached
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:34: AP[0]: AHB-AP (IDR: 0x24770011)
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:34: Iterating through AP map to find AHB-AP to use
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:35: AP[0]: Core found
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:35: AP[0]: AHB-AP ROM base: 0xE00FF000
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:35: CPUID register: 0x412FC231. Implementer code: 0x41 (ARM)
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:35: Found Cortex-M3 r2p1, Little endian.
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:35: FPUnit: 6 code (BP) slots and 2 literal slots
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:35: CoreSight components:
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:35: ROMTbl[0] @ E00FF000
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:35: ROMTbl[0][0]: E000E000, CID: B105E00D, PID: 000BB000 SCS
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:35: ROMTbl[0][1]: E0001000, CID: B105E00D, PID: 003BB002 DWT
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:35: ROMTbl[0][2]: E0002000, CID: B105E00D, PID: 002BB003 FPB
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:35: ROMTbl[0][3]: E0000000, CID: B105E00D, PID: 003BB001 ITM
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:35: ROMTbl[0][4]: E0040000, CID: B105900D, PID: 003BB923 TPIU-Lite
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:35: ROMTbl[0][5]: E0041000, CID: B105900D, PID: 003BB924 ETM-M3
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:35: Hardware reset with strategy 7 was performed
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:35: Initial reset was performed
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:36: J-Link: Flash download: Bank 0 @ 0x00000000: 3 ranges affected (20480 bytes)
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:36: J-Link: Flash download: Total time needed: 0.927s (Prepare: 0.054s, Compare: 0.011s, Erase: 0.000s, Program: 0.852s, Verify: 0.004s, Restore: 0.004s)
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:36: 19860 bytes downloaded (19.39 Kbytes/sec)
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:36: Loaded debugee: C:\IAR projects\Blinky-Dev\Debug\Exe\Blinky_test.out
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:36: Core did not halt after reset, manually halting CPU...
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:36: Warning: CPU could not be halted
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:36: Warning: CPU did not halt after reset.
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:29:36: Hardware reset with strategy 7 was performed
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:32:27: Target reset
    Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:32:27: Failed to load debugee: C:\IAR projects\Blinky-Dev\Debug\Exe\Blinky_test.out

  • 0
    •  Analog Employees 
    on Jul 23, 2018 4:58 AM

    Hi,

    Can you make sure that you have the ADuCM350BBCZ selected under Options>General Options>Target>Device

    -Mark

  • Hi Mark,

    I did select the ADUCM350BBCZ. Using the J-link command line I was always able to connect to the board so I assume there's something wrong with my IDE configuration.

    Since the SDK backs up the files that come from IAR, I decided to use those ones and it seems to be working fine now.