where i default bootloader code and flow chart for ADuCM362? does it supports update over RS485 modbus
ADuCM362 supports the feature of downloading code with UART interface in bootloader mode. The bootloader code is in the kernel and will run automatically when part runs the kernel.
The P2.2 is the Boot Mode Input Select Pin. When this pin is held low during and for a short time after any reset sequence, the devices enter UART download mode.
1. Can new application be downloaded either in UART0 or UART1 after device enters UART download mode? Or is it possible only in one UART port?
2. Is there any possibility to put the device in UART download mode by SW commands? Like for example by writing a value to particular register and call SW reset ?
3. Would the source code for the boot loader available so that we can customize for our application?
Thanks in advance for the response.
Please see my answers as below:
1. P0.2 and P0.1 are used for UART boot mode interface in kernel.
2. Yes, the ADUCM362 has software reset register. The software system reset is provided as part of the Cortex-M3 processor. To generate a software system reset, the application interrupt/ reset control register must be written to 0x05FA0004. This register is part of the NVIC register and is located at Address 0xE000ED0C.
3. No, the boot loader as a part of kernel will not open. While ADI provides an AN1160 application note which can be referred for customer to develop the host application code to download the code to ADUCM362 during uart boot mode.