Hi Analog, I hope you are having a pleasant day !!
Description of the issue:
The reason I am here is to get some clarification regarding the output swing range of AD8397 full-swing Opamp. I have simulated a simple Voltage follower circuit in LTspice to check the maximum and minimum Voltage at the output. Below mentioned are the configuration and observations made.
- I have used "ad8397.cir " model for simulation. I got this model from the product info page of AD8397
- Supply of +5V and - 5V are given to VCC and VEE respectively
- Input is a 1000Hz sine wave with 0 DC offset and 10VPP
- During the positive half cycle the output clips at 4.57 V
- During the negative half cycle the output clips at -3.64 V
- In datasheet, it is mentioned "Output swing to within 0.5 V of supply rails"
- But in simulation the observations made were different.
- Please let me know if the simulation result is wrong Or if is there something more I need to know.
- I have attached screenshots of the simulation result for your reference.
Sameep Pai K S
Added product number and category
[edited by: GenevaCooper at 2:03 PM (GMT -5) on 10 Feb 2023]