i want to calculate RMS value of Sinusoidal 50Hz waveform. so, i thought to use AD737 IC. but in the datasheet i have used evaluation board circuit . it's not working shown in figure "picture 1" in attached figure and also i used figure29 of datasheet shown in "picture 2" in attched figure both are not working.
so, i'm in great need of this. and i want to make use 1V RMS measurement.
1V RMS mentioned in the datasheet means either peak-peak or RMS value.
please, suggest the circuit to be used which will measure 1V rms , 50Hz sinewave.
i'm not getting any application circuit for AD737which is working. please help me.
Thanks & Regards
1. We're sorry to hear that you're having a problem. The boards are tested prior to shipment and work when unpacked. Did you obtain one of our boards or did you build your own version?
2. Your figure 1 schematic will provide the 1V conversion you are looking for. Please send me a schematic sketch showing how you connected your board so I can make sure it is correct.
3. 1V as stated in the data sheet means 1V rms, not 1V pk-pk.
4. Whem a 50Hz 1V rms sine wave is applied to the input, the output will be negative 1V dc (-1V dc)
5. You must have the correct supply voltages.
6. If using a dual supply, the supply voltage must exceed the peak voltage by about 1.25V (headroom), so the supply must be at least +/-3V if a dual supply is used. Try a higher supply voltage such as +/-5V to see if the part works correctly.
7. If you use a dual supply, you may use ground (0V) as your reference, as shown in fig. 1,
8. If you use a single supply such as fig 2, you must offset the reference by 1/2 the supply voltage as shown in the schematic. The eval board doesn't proved the means to do so.
9. Be sure all the jumpers are inserted as shown in your fig. 1
10. A useful trouble-shooting technique is to probe all the pins with a DMM to be sure the voltages are all proper.
11. Be sure all equipment is connected properly and turned on.
Let me know if there are more questions,
Thanks for the reply,
i am not knowing why i'm getting the result like this.
anyway, i attached multisim 11 file with this mail. just checkout. when i simulate this even then i'm getting mV signal output irrespective of signal.