Can several ADA4350 devices be daisy chained together, with SDO of one device connected to the SDI of the next one?
I will be putting up to 16 devices in the chain. This is for interfacing to a photodiode array.
My plan for writing to the ADA4350 chain would be:
- connect CS/, LATCH/, and SCLK to all devices in parallel.
- set LATCH/ high, send 16 groups of 24 bits to the SDI of the first device, framing each group by toggling CS/ as per Fig. 2.
-toggle LATCH/ to load all devices.
For reading : Not sure how this will work
- set LATCH/ high, send 16 groups of 24 bits with only the Read/Write bit set to 1, framing each group with CS/.
- toggle LATCH/ to put all devices in Read mode.
- set LATCH/ low and send 16 groups of 24 bits, (NOP command = all 0 ?) framing each group with CS/, and capturing thedata clocked out of SDO from the last device in the chain.
Thank you for your help with this.