Can several ADA4350 devices be daisy chained together, with SDO of one device connected to the SDI of the next one?
Hi,Yes, kindly refer to page 13 and 14 for the timing diagram. See t11 for the daisy chain timing. May I know how many ADA4350 you would daisy chain? And also what your application might be.Regards,Goz
I will be putting up to 16 devices in the chain. This is for interfacing to a photodiode array.
My plan for writing to the ADA4350 chain would be:
- connect CS/, LATCH/, and SCLK to all devices in parallel.
- set LATCH/ high, send 16 groups of 24 bits to the SDI of the first device, framing each group by toggling CS/ as per Fig. 2.
-toggle LATCH/ to load all devices.
For reading : Not sure how this will work
- set LATCH/ high, send 16 groups of 24 bits with only the Read/Write bit set to 1, framing each group with CS/.
- toggle LATCH/ to put all devices in Read mode.
- set LATCH/ low and send 16 groups of 24 bits, (NOP command = all 0 ?) framing each group with CS/, and capturing thedata clocked out of SDO from the last device in the chain.
Thank you for your help with this.