Sdsoc for plutosdr

Hi,

do you plan to add sdsoc support in plutosdr?

BR

Alberto

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Travis,

Thank you for your comment, I will try to follow your link.

I have some projects to do with plutosdr and maybe one is too much for the two arm and I will need to move very little c routine to the fpga. I see plutosdr fpga is almost full and use sdsoc is nonsense, but I will try...

As I told to Michael at Embedded World, you ADI guys are doing very good work, hope to see all of you at Besancon.

BR

Alberto

• Hi Travis,

Finally I found some time to do some experiments.

I tried to follow the steps for the FMComms project but failed soon at step 5 during update thr HDL design by running the sdsoc_platform/update_hdl.tcl:

source sdsoc_platform/update_hdl.tcl
    # file copy -force ./sdsoc_platform/vivado_update/adi_project.tcl ../../scripts/adi_project.tcl
    error copying "./sdsoc_platform/vivado_update/adi_project.tcl" to "../../scripts/adi_project.tcl": no such file or directory
        while executing
    "file copy -force ./sdsoc_platform/vivado_update/adi_project.tcl ../../scripts/adi_project.tcl"
        (file "sdsoc_platform/update_hdl.tcl" line 4)

Do you have any advice?

BR

Alberto

•  Analog Employees 
    on May 20, 2019 5:02 PM in reply to Albert77

What HDL branch are you using?

-Travis

• Hi Travis,

I'm using the last pluto-fw v0.30.

Let me know if you have some advice about how to start porting sdsoc to this new platform.

Best Regards

Alberto

•  Analog Employees 
    on May 22, 2019 12:45 AM in reply to Albert77

The only things I would add is the SDSoC example uses a very old and unsupported release (2015.2). If you are trying to run those against Pluto's HDL this is unlikely to work. SDSoC has probably also changed a lot since 2015, so the example may have some issues with newer tools. Take the examples with a grain of salt, and maybe learn from them but not copy and paste code. Our tcl scripts have definitely changed extensively since 2015.

-Travis