We, at Alfamtion, are designing an A2B analizer/generator featuring the AD2428 transceiver.
During the development i found some strange behaviour that i could not find explainded in the TRM.
I have to setup a master and a slave node and transmit audio from one to another, to do so I perform the follwing operation (all from the master node)
1) Power On the master
2) Send the TDM config (regs 0x41 and 0x42)
3) Perform a simple discovery procedure, and find the node
4) send a newstruct command (reg 0x12 val 0x81)
5) configure al of the other master registers
6) configure all of the slave registers
7) send a newstruct command (reg 0x12 val 0x81)
Now the situation is that the SYNC pin is toggling on the slave node but no audio is trasmitted, the DTX pins of the slave are not toggling
If, between steps 6 and 7 i do the following
6a) Read reg 0x11
6b) Write back the value to reg 0x11
Can somebody explain why is happening?